APPLICATION PERIOD NOW OPEN!
Selected cabinet members will begin their 18-month term July 1, 2022.
The purpose of the State Superintendent’s Student Cabinet is to provide a forum for North Dakota students from different grade levels, backgrounds, cultures, school size, and areas within North Dakota. The Cabinet, which includes students in grades 3-12 from both public and non-public schools, provides Superintendent Kirsten Baesler with advice and opinions about how to improve North Dakota’s schools and the direction of state education policy.
Cabinet meetings are held throughout the school year. Student members work collaboratively with each other, and with the Department of Public Instruction staff as needed, and express views and opinions openly, constructively, and respectfully.
As State Superintendent’s Student Cabinet members, students will:
- Have a direct role in improving education for all students in North Dakota;
- Gain important leadership, public speaking, decision making, and team-building skills;
- Develop a network of support and mentors through exposure to leaders across the state; and
- Have a great addition to their resume and college applications.
APPLY HERE. Applications are due June 3, 2022, by 5:00 p.m. CST.
2020-2022 Student Cabinet Members
Grade level listed for the 2022-2023 school year
- Landon Pitner – fourth grade, South Prairie Elementary, Minot
- Chase Jackson – fifth grade, Gussner Elementary, Jamestown
- Autumn Newman – sixth grade, Centennial Elementary, Fargo
- Toby Rule – sixth grade, Wachter Middle SchoolSolheim Elementary, Bismarck
- Marley Lotvedt – seventh grade, Kenmare Elementary, Kenmare
- Ella Franklin – seventh grade, Ben Franklin Middle School, Fargo
- Silvana Dembiti – eight grade, Mandan Middle School, Mandan
- Olivia Grote – eighth grade, Simle Middle School, Bismarck
- Tristan Orton – eighth grade, Dickinson Middle School, Dickinson
- Cecelia Bear – ninth grade, Montpelier Public School, Montpelier
- Ann Muggli – ninth grade, Oakes Public School in Oakes
- Eli Zerr – ninth grade, Red River High School, Grand Forks
- Taylor Koster – ninth grade, Century High School, Bismarck
- Griffin Terras – 10th grade, Horace High School, Horace
- Ayden Frohlich – 11th grade, Legacy High School, Bismarck
- Tyson Odermann – 12th grade, Parshall High School, Parshall
- Zoe Bundy – 11th grade, Davies High School, Fargo
- Aidan Bertsch – 12th grade, West Fargo High School, West Fargo
- Amy Hong – 12th grade, South High School, Fargo
- Reilly Meyer – 12th grade, Trinity High School, Dickinson
- Sheyenne Waletzko – 12th grade, Lisbon High School, Lisbon
- Arianna Even – freshman, Trinity Bible School, Ellendale
- Thomas Tiegs – freshman, South Dakota State University
2018-2021 Meeting Agendas
- March 9, 2022
- December 14, 2021
- August 30, 2021
- March 19, 2021
- November 6, 2019
- March 25, 2019
- December 3, 2018
- September 24, 2018