- This is a blog site with information and opinions from Dayle Hayes,
- Check out her December 27, 2014 post called 31 days of #RealSchoolFood for #MustHaveRecipeResources for quick links to more unique school recipes.
- Also, find the same site “School Meals That Rock” on Pinterest and Facebook
- “Food Safety in Schools” – 8-hour initial sanitation training required for EVERY school kitchen site manager and food service director
- Training available on Culinary techniques, Food allergies, and Financial management – get your professional development hours easily
- All training is based on the research done by the staff at ICN. All research is available for all your child's nutrition data needs.
- All training is FREE.
- This site is hosted by ICN and includes resources developed by many, many federal, state, and local organizations. Find recipes, menu planning, and help with local wellness policy and professional development.
- This site accepts resources from all organizations although the resource must be approved before it is shared again. If you have an outstanding recipe that your student body can’t get enough of or nutrition education that has made a difference in the students or even a management tool that has made your kitchen more efficient, take a moment and share it with ICN through this resource.
- The standardized USDA recipes are available on this site. If you have lost your three-ring binder that contained all these tried and true school recipes, find copies here.
- Also available are recipes that are adapted for both school and home so if you menu one at school, you don’t have to do the culinary math to use it in a newsletter for parents to try in the home.
All schools should be prepared to effectively manage students with food allergies. Food is not only eaten in the cafeteria.
Resources include checklists for the entire school to prepare for a food allergy.
- Free webinar training:
- Keeping Students Safe & Included (30 minutes)
- Recognizing and responding to Anaphylaxis (10 minutes)
- Exclude the Food, Not the Child (1 hour)
- Section 504, Title II and Students with Several Allergies in Public Schools (1 hr 30 min)
- Find the ND Food Code that regulates all commercial food service in the state along with the food licensing and inspection reports.
- Sign up to receive emails about any food recalls that may affect the food served in schools.