WIDA ACCESS for ELLs is the annual North Dakota English Language Proficiency Assessment in which all English Learners must participate. The assessment measures students’ academic English language in each of the four language domains of listening, speaking, reading, and writing. The content of the assessments aligns with the five North Dakota English Language Development Standards: Social & Instructional Language, Language of Language Arts, Language of Mathematics, Language of Science, and Language of Social Studies.
ACCESS for ELLs is administered online for grades 1-12 and paper-based for kindergarten students. Students' ACCESS scores reflect proficiency levels ranging from Level 1 (Entering) to Level 6 (Reaching). Educators use ACCESS results, along with other resources, to make decisions about programming for English learners to facilitate their language development.
- Thu 12/9/21 - Fri 2/18/22: WIDA AMS Test Setup Available
- Wed 1/5/22: Districts Receive Test Materials (On)
- Mon 1/10/22 - Fri 2/18/22: TEST WINDOW
- Tue 1/4/22 - Fri 2/11/22: Additional Test Material Ordering Window in AMS
- Thu 2/24/22: Deadline for Shipping Completed Test Materials to DRC
- Fri 3/11/22 - Thu 3/24/22: Pre-Reporting Data Validation - LEAs in AMS
- Fri 4/29/22: Reports and Data Files Available Online
- Thu 5/5/22 - Fri 5/6/22: Districts Receive Reports - Printed
- Tue 5/3/22 - Fri 5/13/22: Post-Reporting Data Validation - SEAs in AMS
- Wed 6/1/22: Data Available to State
2022-2023 ACCESS for ELLs Test Window: January 9, 2023 - February 17, 2023
- North Dakota requires that all personnel who come into contact with the WIDA assessments must complete ANNUAL training(s) for all tests being administered. For specific requirements, see the ND State Page of the WIDA website.
- To obtain a WIDA AMS or WIDA Secure Portal account, contact your District Test Coordinator.
- Visit the WIDA North Dakota page for state-specific information and resources, including ND’s ACCESS for ELLs Checklist, Identification and Placement Guidance document, and testing requirements.
- On the WIDA Secure Portal you can manage your WIDA account, complete training courses, and gain access to resources only available to WIDA members.
- The Secure Portal User Guide provides a quick overview of some of the most frequently used features of the WIDA Secure Portal, as well as step by step instructions for accessing these features.
- WIDA AMS (Assessment Management System) is a secure online system used for the preparation and administration of ACCESS for ELLs suite of assessments and WIDA Screener Online.
- The WIDA AMS User Guide provides an explanation and assistance in the use of the features and functionality within the AMS system.
- Heritage Language Codes are state-designated codes used to help indicate the student's primary language in ACCESS. Heritage Language is the language or dialect first learned by an individual or first used by the Parent/Guardian with a child.
- ACCESS Non-Participation Reporting
- Contact: NDDPI Office of Assessment (701) 328-1838
- ACCESS Help Document