The teacher shortage is a pervasive problem that is affecting North Dakota statewide. The North Dakota Department of Public Instructions has supported Grow Your Own initiatives to ensure all students have access to high-quality teachers. The Grow Your Own programs allow teacher candidates to remain in their home community and continue working in their school district to support themselves and their families while getting their teaching degrees. There is a tremendous need for these types of programs.
- Laurie Matzke, Assistant Superintendent, North Dakota Department of Public Instruction, (701) 328-2284
- Wayde Sick, Director and Executive Officer, North Dakota Department of Career and Technical Education, (701) 328-2259
- Dr. Rebecca Pitkin, Executive Director, North Dakota Education Standards and Practices Board, (701) 328-9646
- William B. Dutton, ND State Director, U.S. Department of Labor Office of Apprenticeship, (701) 250-4700
- Dr. Lynn Hammonds, Contracted Grow Your Own Liaison, (808) 292-0508
- David Donaldson, Founder and Managing Partner, National Center for Grow Your Own (NCGYO)