The NDDPI has created guidelines to assist with the interpretation and implementation of NDCC 15.1-21-12.1. The department has been collaborating closely with the North Dakota Regional Education Association (NDREA) on this work. Each of the REAs is also a great resource for schools and districts.
Please email questions to email@example.com, or contact Ann Ellefson or Brenda Ehrmantraut in the Office of Academic Support at (701) 328-2260.
- Reading Curriculum and Professional Development Guidance – Updated May 9, 2022
Reading Resource Fast Facts
Reading Resource Fast Facts are convenient, one- to two-page resources designed to improve the understanding and support of the reading curriculum and professional development requirements. They can be used to enrich and supplement meetings, school board discussions, and district policy initiatives.
- What is the Science of Reading? (coming soon)
- How much professional development is enough?
- What professional development content counts? (coming soon)
- How do we review our curriculum? (coming soon)
- What is essential in reading assessment? (coming soon)
- Which elements are included in the annual report?