District Section 504 Coordinators can access resources, forms, templates, and training on the NDDPI 504 Coordinator TEAMS.
Section 504 Subpart D defines requirements for Preschool, Elementary, Middle Level/Junior, Secondary Education, and Adult Education Programs. These requirements consider the needs of qualified persons with disabilities in determining the aid, benefits, or services to be provided under these programs or activities.
- Section 504 Discipline Fact Sheet
- ADHD and Section 504: Dear Colleague Letter and Guide
- Developing Effective Grievance Procedures
- Free Appropriate Public Education for Students with Disabilities: Requirements Under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Guidance on Prohibited Disability Harassment
- Parent and Educator Resource Guide to Section 504 in Public Schools
- How to File a Discrimination Complaint with the Office for Civil Rights
- Guidance on the Prohibition Against Retaliation under Federal Civil Rights Laws
- Students with Disabilities in Extracurricular Athletics
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- Supporting Students with Disabilities and Avoiding the Discriminatory Use of Student Discipline under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Access to Advanced Placement (AP) Courses
- Bullying of Students with Disabilities
- Disability Discrimination Under Section 504 and Title II
- Effective Communication for Students with Hearing, Vision, or Speech Disabilities
- Questions and Answers on the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 for Students with Disabilities Attending Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- Protecting Students With Disabilities: Frequently Asked Questions About Section 504 and the Education of Children with Disabilities
- Report Cards and Transcripts
- Service Animals
- Student Placement and Section 504
Pathfinder Services of ND (PSND) has developed Section 504 - The Journey, a five-part series focusing on Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Part 1: Section 504 - The Journey: Intro & History
- Part 2: Section 504 - The Journey: Section 504 Disability Defined
- Part 3: Section 504 - The Journey: Evaluation & Identification
- Part 4: Section 504 - The Journey: Section 504 Plan
- Part 5: Section 504 - The Journey: Procedural Requirements and Safeguards
These videos are available for a certificate of completion on the ND Educational HUB. Look for the course name: Introduction to Section 504 (Section 504 Course 1). You must watch all the following videos and complete an end-of-course survey to receive the course certificate. You can then use this certificate, along with other course certificates, to earn cafeteria credit that can be applied to renewing your teaching license. Watching the videos here will not count towards the course completion on the HUB.