The Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) provides federal funds to nonresidential child care and adult care facilities to serve nutritious meals and snacks. The goal is to improve and maintain the health and nutritional status of children and adults in care while promoting the development of good eating habits.
CACFP Eligible programs include:
- Nonresidential, licensed public or private, nonprofit child care centers
- Head Start, outside-school-hours programs, emergency shelters, and at-risk centers meeting the CACFP requirements are also eligible.
- Certain adult care centers providing services to persons 60 years or older, or persons 18 years or older that are chronically-impaired or disabled, are also eligible.
- For profit child care and adult care centers may participate if at least 25 percent of the participants in care are eligible for free or reduced-price meals.
- Any licensed family child care homes, licensed group child care homes or self-declared child care homes provider who cares for at least one child is eligible to participate with a Family Child Care Home Sponsor (FCCH).
- Family child care homes and group child care homes must be in provider’s own residence, the private residence of another, or a rented or unoccupied private residence.
ABC Food Program
202 Peacekeeper PL
Minot AFB, ND 58704-1701
▪ Minot Air Force Base Providers only
Heartland Child Nutrition, Inc.
3233 S University Drive,
Fargo, North Dakota 58104
Toll Free: (800) 726-7960 or (701) 232-2452 You will be directed to an area representative.
▪ Eastern North Dakota
▪ Martha Moe, CACFP Coordinator