North Dakota Indian Education Advisory Council is established by the North Dakota Department of Public Instruction to act in an advisory role to the department in matters affecting the education of Indian students in North Dakota.
The North Dakota Indian Education Advisory Council shall advocate for greater cooperation among tribal, state, and federal organizations, institutions, groups, and agencies for the express purpose of promoting high-quality education and equal education opportunity for North Dakota's Indian students.
The Council is advisory in form and function to promote the high quality of education for all Native American Students in North Dakota. It has representation form the following entities:
- All Tribal Nations in North Dakota
- Native American liaisons
- ND Indian Affairs Commission
- ND Department of Career & Technical Education
- ND Indian Education Coordinator
- ND United
- Superintendents of Schools with high number of Native American Students
- Tribal Education Directors