2023-2024 Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP) Application Process
The FFVP is intended to encourage the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Schools selected will be funded for the period of August 1, 2023, through June 30, 2024.
2023-2024 FFVP Grant Applications will be available April 2023 and are due June 2023; receive more information by contacting DPICNFD@nd.gov
Expectations for Program Participation Schools:
- Must be elementary (K-8) and participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
- Priority will be given to schools that have at least 50% of their students in the grades for which they are applying eligible for free or reduced-price meal benefits.
- Must maintain a registered Sam.gov account with a current DUNS #.
- Will receive an allocation of funds based on the school’s enrollment figures in the grades for which they are applying.
- Must offer fresh fruits and vegetables during the school day at times other than breakfast and lunch in one (1) or more areas designated by the school.
- Will offer fresh fruits and vegetables free of charge to all students.
- Will widely publicize within the school the availability of free fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Will purchase fresh fruits and vegetables according to procurement guidelines, including Buy American.
- Must submit a monthly claim for reimbursement.
- Will receive a monthly reimbursement for purchasing, preparing, and serving fresh fruits and vegetables.
- May spend 10% of the school’s Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program on administrative costs.
- Will participate in USDA and/or State-sponsored evaluations.
- Will comply with all program requirements as set forth by USDA.
- Will conduct this grant award within the guidelines issued by NDDPI and comply with the “General Requirements for Federal Programs.”