End: Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 04:30 pm Categories:
Monday, July 11 One-day Pre-conference Workshops: 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Registration opens at 8:00 am. Participants may register to attend one of four workshops.
- Early Childhood Learning: Uplifting messages and supports for providers of early childhood care and education.
- Family Engagement Action Teams for Goal-linked Plans: School teams of 3-5 will design one-year action plans to reach strategic goals through family & community engagement.
- Advancing Adolescent Literature: Learn about literacy leadership teams and a relentless commitment to providing choice reading across a student’s day.
- Curriculum Review: Explore tools and approaches for evaluating curricular resources to ensure alignment with evidence-based instruction. Bring a team of 3-5.
Tuesday and Wednesday, July 12 & 13 Science of Reading Training: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. Registration opens at 7:30 am.
These engaging, in-person professional learning opportunities address all areas in HB1388 Reading Curriculum and Professional Development.
Choose a training to match your role:
- Teacher of Other Contents: This one-day intensive workshop is designed specifically for teachers of content other than reading. Examples and resources will be presented in areas such as music, art, and physical education. July 12 only.
- Teacher of Reading: This two-day intensive workshop for those who teach reading will present systematic explicit approaches to teaching all the major components of reading. July 12 & 13.
- Principal: This two-day intensive workshop for building leaders addresses a literacy leadership plan to support systematic, explicit reading instruction grounded in evidence-based practices. July 12 & 13.
Registration: The registration fee is $30 per day. All sessions include continental breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, water, and beverage selections. You are not fully registered until we receive payment and you have received confirmation via email from Eventbrite. REGISTER!
Lodging: There is a block of rooms reserved under "Literacy Conference 2022" at the EverSpring Inn & Suites, 200 East Bismarck Expressway, Bismarck, (701) 222-2900. Participants are responsible for arranging accommodations by calling the hotel directly.
Credit: One continuing education credit will be available through the University of Mary. Participants will attend a minimum of 14 hours of sessions (two days) and submit a summary reflection paper.