- USDA Rural Designation Tool *New
- Summer Meal Newsletters
- Healthy Kids Out of School Curriculum - Nutrition and physical activity guide for afterschool and youth programs
- Summer Foods Hands-on Resource Kit
- Summer Food Webinars
- USDA – Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Food Buying Guide Child Nutrition Programs
- Promotional Material for Summer Meals
- Meal Patterns for Summer Food Service Program (SFSP)
- Farm to Summer
No Kid Hungry SFSP Resources
- Feeding a Crowd - Tips for Congregate Meal Service
- The Summer Meals Program requires that children eat their meals onsite under the congregate meal service requirement. Keeping children onsite to eat meals can be a challenge, but it doesn’t have to be! This resource provides strategies to make congregate meal service easier for site staff and improve the experience for children and families. Use the strategies outlined to create a welcoming and fun environment and also tips for training and communicating program requirements to site staff and families.
- Promoting Your Summer Meals Program
- May 17th at 3 pm EST
- Raising awareness about your summer meals program is key to ensuring children and families have access to meals all summer long. Whether you are a sponsor, site, or advocate, you have a role in spreading the word about summer meals. In this webinar, you will hear from Lynsi Barnhill from Paducah Public Schools and Sara Seelmeyer from the United Way of King County on how they promote their summer meals programs. Register here.
Recently Released Resources
- SFSP & SSO Requirements - Comparison Chart of Usual vs. COVID-19 Waiver Operations
- This chart briefly describes the program requirements for the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) and Seamless Summer Option (SSO). It compares "usual" operational provisions to those allowed under the COVID-19 pandemic waivers. Waivers will not be available for summer 2022 operations. Use this chart as a quick guide, but please contact your state agency for more information and details on what is allowable for summer 2022 operations.
- Summer Meals Outreach Toolkit
- No Kid Hungry has created a summer meals outreach toolkit to help you get the word out to families. A range of ready-made promotional materials are available to help publicize summer meals in your community. Use these resources to maximize the impact of outreach efforts in schools, faith communities, community organizations, and online.
- Communicating Summer Meals 2022 Operations Changes to Parents and Families
- This toolkit includes sample language for letters to families, flyers, and over social media. The Toolkit includes drafted language for programs changing operations and ceasing operations (available in English and Spanish!).