The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) provides an alternative approach for offering school meals to local educational agencies (LEAs) and schools in low income areas, instead of collecting individual applications for free and reduced price meals. The CEP allows schools that predominantly serve low-income children to offer free, nutritious school meals to all students through the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs. The CEP uses information from other programs, including the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and the Temporary Assistance Program for Needy Families (TANF) instead of traditional paper applications.
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Annual Notification of Local Educational Agencies (LEA)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Annual Notification of Schools
- Community Eligibility Provision Information
- Community Eligibility Calculator
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Planning and Implementation Guidance
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) Fact Sheet