<< All News Sunday, February 25, 2024 - 11:00pm Categories:

Candidates for a North Dakota teaching license who have completed their teacher preparation program outside of North Dakota have two options for licensure in North Dakota:

  1. If they hold a teaching license in another state or territory in the United States of America, and completed an accredited education program with student teaching, they can submit an application for an Other State Educator License (OSEL) in ND. They will provide copies of their teaching license in another state, standardized test score reports, and official transcripts. North Dakota will honor their out of state program and tests and they could be issued a similar teaching license in ND. Applicant must complete a successful background check. 
  2. If they do not hold a valid teaching license in another state, the candidate can apply for an Out-of-State Reciprocal License. This license is issued for a period of 2 years and can be renewed for 3 additional years, giving them a total of 5 years to meet North Dakota licensure standards. They must have completed an approved teacher education program which included student teaching and complete a successful background check.
<< All News