The Main Street ND Summit provides an opportunity to connect, learn, get inspired, and gain insight to build and grow your community for the future. Join us in-person or virtually to link with fellow state, regional, local leaders and volunteers to gain firsthand knowledge from renowned speakers and community innovators on the topic of smart, efficient infrastructure.
Keynote speakers include an engaging experience from Joe Minicozzi with Urban3 as he presents the informative outcomes of their economic analysis of Cass County. Minicozzi’s session will provide an outstanding example for North Dakota communities on how land value economics, property and retail tax analysis should inform sustainable community design.
Are you a student or educator? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a promo code for free registration to the 2021 MSI Summit.
The dynamic Charles Marohn from Strong Towns will share his research and valuable insight on making stronger and more financially resilient communities. The Strong Towns approach to transportation focuses on bottom-up techniques for spending less and getting higher returns, all while improving quality of life for residents of a community.
Tristan Cleveland, community designer, PhD researcher, and urban columnist with Happy City, will share inspiring stories from cities around the world on design and wellbeing, highlighting lessons from science, innovative urban activism, and Happy City’s participatory experiments.
This year’s event will also feature six inspiring, informative breakout sessions, including:
- Panel: Future of Transportation, Moderated by Bill Panos, Director, North Dakota Department of Transportation
- AARP/Blue Zones: Smart Money: Investments in Livability Lead to Economic Vibrancy
- Mike Scholl, Ayres Associates Inc: Think Like a Developer and Take Charge of the Real Estate in your Downtown
- Rethos: Places Reimagined/Springboard for the Arts/Bowman County Development Corporation/ND Council on the Arts: Artists on Main Program and Tools for Arts and Vibrancy for Your Community
- State Funding Options: A Catalyst for Community Development
- Stephanie Falkers, SRF Consulting: Sustainable Planning, Resilient Communities and Infrastructure, and Smart Growth
We are looking forward to seeing you in West Fargo Oct. 11th and 12th for this premier event!
Join us in West Fargo on Oct. 11 for a free pre-Summit event and Oct. 12 for a full day of education and enthusiasm to keep North Dakota thriving. Registration is only $50 for a full day. In-person is limited to 600 people and virtual is unlimited. The first 500 registered attendees receive a free copy of Charles Marohn’s new book: Confessions of a Recovering Engineer: Transportation for a Strong Town mailed right to their door!
Pre-summit information (Oct. 11th):
The pre-summit event will be from 4-6:30 p.m. on Oct. 11 at The Lights located at 3150 Sheyenne St. West Fargo. Guests are expected to arrive at 4 p.m. to check in and hear opening remarks prior to the departure for a bus tour of West Fargo infrastructure. For those wishing to attend, please note that capacity is limited for bus tour attendees. The evening will conclude with appetizers at Bar Down following the tour.
Summit Location Information (Oct. 12th):
Rustad Recreation Center
601 26th Avenue East
West Fargo, ND 58078