Grant portal is now open!
The Rural Workforce Housing Grant supports non-profit organizations and/or local governments in development and improvement of affordable housing options for the workforce in rural areas.
The Department of Commerce leads the efforts to attract, retain, and expand wealth and improve the quality of life for the people of North Dakota.
- Increase the availability of affordable housing options for the rural workforce.
- Improve the quality and safety of existing housing units.
- Encourage partnerships and collaboration between local organizations, businesses, and government entities.
- Support innovative approaches to address unique challenges faced by rural areas in housing development.
- Foster community development and revitalization efforts in rural regions.
The Rural Workforce Housing Grant may support the following types of grants to non-profits and/or local governments in North Dakota:
- Eligible Entities – City, County, Economic Development organization (JDA, regional Councils, EDC, CVB) and local tribal entities
How much funding is available? Up to $300,000 per community
Rural shall be defined as any community or region, based on the application, with a population of less than 10,000.
Matching funds are encouraged but not required.
- OPEN: November 20
- CLOSE: January 8 - 5:00 p.m. CST
- Award: January 12
All projects must be completed within 18 months of award notification.
You can view the application questions here, but please note that you MUST apply via the portal. Only online applications via the portal will be accepted. Click the link below to begin your application.