I haul a 100 gallon fuel tank in the bed of my pickup. Do I need HAZMAT placards?

FAQ Category
FAQ Answer

The tank would not be considered a bulk tank and would have less than 1000 lbs of hazardous materials so it would not require placards. If the tank contains diesel fuel, it would be exempt from the hazardous materials regulations. Gasoline would not be allowed to be transported in the tank in commerce because the tank would not meet DOT specifications.