Interns with the North Dakota Highway Patrol work alongside Troopers for a diverse, exciting, hands-on learning experience.
NDHP interns work flexible hours with a variety of day, night, weekday, and weekend shifts during the 90-hour program with statewide opportunities available.
The experience of an NDHP intern is up to 90 hours and may include:
- Patrol ride-alongs
- Crash reconstruction
- Criminal arrest procedures
- Criminal investigation
- K9 team interaction
- Traffic control
- Commercial motor vehicle enforcement
- Dignitary protection
- Capitol Security (travel to Bismarck required)
- 18 years of age or older
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- Current cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above
- Completed application packet
- NDHP Internship Request Form (click to complete)
- Signed internship agreement
- Letter of recommendation
- Current transcript
- Criminal record and driver’s license background checks
- Interest in pursuing a rewarding, challenging law enforcement career
To learn more, contact NDHP human resources, 701-328-2447 or email: email@example.com.