Annual Overwidth Permit

An annual overwidth permit can be obtained in lieu of the single trip permit when a vehicle or load exceeds the legal width limit, only, of 8 feet 6 inches. All other dimensions (length and height) must be legal. All axle weights, bridge lengths and gross vehicle weight must be legal. Axle/gross vehicle weight cannot exceed weight limits imposed on highways during the spring thaw or when travel is on a highway with load limits year around.

The overwidth permit can be issued for up to 14 feet 6 inches.
The overwidth vehicle or load must be non-reducible unless the overall width is 10 feet wide or less.

The permit is valid for a calendar year. The fee for each annual overwidth permit is $100. If the permit is used for the movement of a noncommercial fish house trailer moved by the owner, the fee is $20.
The annual overwidth permit cannot be used for the movement of overwidth manufactured homes (mobile homes), hay or straw.

Permit Policy for Movement of Vehicles and Loads that are Overwidth Only (excludes, hay, straw, manufactured homes)