Do I need a special permit to haul hazardous materials in North Dakota?

FAQ Category
FAQ Answer

No, North Dakota does not require special permits to haul hazardous material within the state. However, federal rules (which apply in ND) require commercial operators and anyone who hauls hazardous materials to have current Certificates of Registration as outlined in 49 CFR Part 107.608. Federal regulations also require a safety permit for interstate or intrastate transportation of certain radioactive, explosive, or poisonous materials which can be found in 49 CFR Part 385 Subpart E.