What do I do if I receive a traffic citation?

FAQ Answer

If you receive a citation, you can pay for the citation via mail in the envelope provided or online through the N.D. State Court's website.

To pay online using a credit card, click here to complete the transaction.

If you want to pay via mail, return the payment (bond) in the envelope provided within 14 days and send it to the address indicated on the envelope. The address will be the Clerk of District Court for the county in which you were stopped.

Do not sign the citation if you DO NOT want to contest the citation.

If you want to contest the citation, you must still pay bond, sign the citation, and send it in.  The court where your case will be heard, will send a notice of the date and time of the hearing to the address listed on the citation. If the court determines you are not guilty, you will be reimbursed for the bond amount paid.