Can my son/daughter drive in ND with an instruction permit from another state/country?

FAQ Answer

A nonresident, who is at least sixteen years of age and possesses a valid operator's license issued to that person in that person's home state or country, may operate a motor vehicle in North Dakota. An instruction permit does not meet this qualification.