Annual Overlength Permit

An annual overwidth permit can be purchased in lieu of a single trip permit when a vehicle/load exceeds the legal width of 8’6”. All other dimensions (length and height) must be legal. All axle weights, bridge lengths and gross weight must be legal. Axle/gross vehicle weight cannot exceed weight limits imposed on highways during spring thaw or when travel is on a highway with load limits year round. The permit excludes hauling of hay, straw, and manufactured homes.


The overwidth permit can be issued up to 14’6” wide.


The permit must be non-reducible for width unless the overall width of the load is 10’ or less.


The permit is valid for a calendar year. The fee for the annual overwidth permit is $150.



Permit Policy for Movement of Vehicles and Loads that are Overwidth Only (excludes, hay, straw, manufactured homes)