The North Dakota Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) is located on the Bismarck State College campus and houses a multi-purpose room, twenty-four dormitory rooms, three classrooms, a conference room, and four administrative offices.
TRAINING DIRECTOR: Lt. Daniel Haugen
TRAINING OFFICER: Sgt. Derek Arndt
TRAINING OFFICER: Sgt. Chad Hermanson
NDHP Law Enforcement Training Academy (LETA) Training
|Jan. 20 - July 3, 2020||2020 Recruit Class||LETA|
|Feb. 3 - April 23, 2020||ND Basic (#136)||LETA|
|Feb. 10 - 14, 2020||LPO Week One||LETA|
|Feb. 18 - 28, 2020||Drug Recognition Expert (DRE)||LETA|
|March 9 - 13, 2020||LPO Week Two||LETA|
|April 20 - 24, 2020||LPO Week Three||LETA|
|May 4 - 15, 2020||BCI Criminal Investigation||LETA|
|June 1 - Aug. 21, 2020||ND Basic (#137)||LETA|
|July 27 - 31, 2020||2020 Youth Academy||LETA|
How to Enroll
- Select the course(s) you are interested in attending.
- Determine whether you need housing. Please indicate if male or female housing is needed.
- Call the LETA 701-328-9966 or email the Training Academy.
- A confirmation letter will be sent to you approximately two weeks before the beginning of class.
- Check-in for classes beginning at 8 a.m. will be from 8 - 9 p.m. the previous evening.
- Bedding is supplied by the LETA.
- Parking is provided in the upper lot to the west of the LETA building.
- The dormitory telephone numbers are (limited to emergency use only):
- Upper Dorm (701) 328-9975
- Lower Dorm (701) 328-9976
- For classes that do not begin until 1 p.m., it is preferred that individuals do not stay at the LETA the night before.
Phone: (701) 328-9966 Fax: (701) 328-9988
Mailing Address: 600 E Blvd Ave - Dept 504, Bismarck ND, 58505-0240
Building Address: 1320 Schafer Street, Bismarck ND, 58501
Upcoming Statewide Training
If you are hosting a training course and would like it posted on this website, please complete the Training Opportunities form (pdf) and fax, email or mail as detailed on the form.
For additional information on the courses listed below, please email or call the contact listed below.
|Public Information Officer/Media Training||Lt.Mike Hanel||701-456-7756||May 4-8, 2020||Dickinson Public Safety Center|
|Supervision of Police Personnel-Northwestern Center for Public Safety||Lt. Dustin Olson||701-222-6651||Sept. 21-Oct. 2, 2020||Burleigh Morton Detention Center|
Online POST Board Approved Training
MN Poison Control System Poison Prevention Training (2 hrs)
ND POST Board course number: NDDH1703
Course Link: https://training.mnpoison.org/
Course Expiration: 12/12/2021
ND Dept. of Health
To receive credit for this training you MUST contact Mandy Slag. You will need to provide your ND POST board number and a copy of the certificate of completion. Any questions about the course should be directed to Mandy.
First Responder Disability Awareness Training (1 hr)
ND POST Board course number: NDCPD181
Course Link: http://www.ndcpd.org/first-responder.html
Course Expiration: 12/10/2022
(701) 858-3356 or (800) 233-1737
Upon course completion, Christine will be notified and will forward your information to ND POST in order for you to receive your training hours. If you have any questions about the course, contact Christine.
ND Opioid Antagonist Administration - click HERE for presentation