Because of the new Adobe forms technology, it is highly recommended that Internet Explorer 11 or later is used for accessing PDF forms whenever possible. If you must use Chrome or Firefox, please follow the instructions listed below.
Adobe PDF Viewer
PDF forms require an Adobe PDF Viewer browser plug-in. The latest versions of Chrome and Firefox do not support this technology by default. Some additional configurations need to be made to these browsers in order for them to work properly. Depending on your version of Chrome or Firefox, the instructions may vary slightly. When possible, use Internet Explorer 11 or higher. Microsoft Edge is not recommended or supported.
In any case, Adobe Reader needs to be installed on your machine. After Adobe Reader is installed, proceed with the instructions below for your specific browser.
Replace the Chrome built in PDF viewer so that you can open, view, and save PDF's without issues.
- Type into the address window of Chrome browser: chrome://settings/content
- Scroll down to PDF documents
- Place a checkmark in Open PDF in the default viewer application.
- Select appropriate form on eforms page
- Open the pdf icon that appears in the bottom left of the screen
- If a list of options is presented, select Adobe DC
Trying to open PDFs in Firefox could result in an error message that states "This PDF document contains forms. The filling of form fields is not supported."
To get the form to open in Adobe, you need to do the following:
- Open Firefox
- Click the Tools menu button
- Click Options and select Applications
- Find Portable Document Format (PDF) in the Content Type column
- In the Action column, change it to Use Adobe Acrobat
Internal - Forms used by customers internal to North Dakota State Government.
Public - Forms used by the general public or entities external to North Dakota State Government.