Auditor I - Bismarck
Location: Bismarck, ND State Capitol
Hiring Salary: $4,200 - $4,500
Summary of Work
The North Dakota State Auditor’s Office is working towards a better government by providing truthful, objective and independent information through audits for the citizens of North Dakota. We do this by following our core values: respect, excellence, leadership, integrity and teamwork.
- Provide objective analysis so management and those charged with governance and oversight can use the information to improve program performance and operations, reduce costs, facilitate decision-making with parties Responsible for overseeing or initiating corrective action, and contribute to public accountability.
- Under supervision, receive training and assist in conducting information system audits of state entities. As knowledge and skills increase, greater responsibilities will be given.
- Analyzes accounting forms, records, internal controls, and related computer systems.
- Assist in the audit of the state’s financial statements, performs audits of state agencies, and assist in the Statewide Single Audit (federal compliance).
- Travel is generally 2 weeks or less per year.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, Statistics, Economics, or related area from an appropriately accredited institution. Applicants who anticipate receiving their degree in December of 2018 are eligible to apply; the start date is anticipated to be February of 2019, but the date is flexible.
- Must be able to effectively communicate orally in writing with other office employees and audit clients.
- Requires successful completion of the hiring process including reference, background and criminal record checks.
- Have a professional certification such as CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, etc. and/or have successfully completed one or more sections of the CPA exam.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- In addition to the Accounting or Business-related degree, have a master’s degree or major/minor in accounting, business, management, finance, economics, communications and/or computers.
- Have recent, directly related auditing and/or accounting experience.
- Critical thinking and analytical ability.
For the full job description and to apply for this position, visit the Human Resource Management Services website.