The Stewardship Award celebrates excellence in auditing and is given to entities the State Auditor's Office has worked with conducting audits.
Criteria for award:
- The audit report does not contain any findings for internal controls, compliance, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, Uniform Guidance (Single Audit) findings or questioned costs.
- The entity's management letter must contain no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs (Uniformed Guidance)
- Bank reconciliation issues
- The entity had no other financial or other concerns
- A strong commitment to serving the taxpayers of North Dakota.