|Agency:||Veterans Home, North Dakota||Report Date:||February 10, 2018|
|Type:||Performance||LAFRC Date:||June 27, 2018|
|Issued By:||State Auditor||Period Ending:||July 1, 2013 - September 30, 2017|
Veterans Home Report Highlights
Position for the Future: Opportunities exist for the Veterans Home to better position itself for the future.
- Approximately one-third of the Veterans Home basic care beds are empty and management has shut down a portion of the facility. The Veterans Home has opportunities to utilize this unfilled capacity and to identify the best and most effective use of the facility.
- The Veterans Home went an extended period without a strategic plan. Without a strategic plan, the Veterans Home lacked a road map to connect where they are now to where they are going in the future.
The Veterans Home needs to seek assistance to measure and forecast demand and to identify the best and most effective use of the facility.
Monitoring Activities: Opportunities exist for the Veterans Home to strengthen its monitoring activities.
- The Veterans Home’s policies and procedures lack the level of detail necessary to allow management to effectively monitor control activities.
- Veterans Home’s monitoring activities failed to ensure policies and written plans were in fact carried out.
- Veterans Home’s employees had not received a performance evaluation within the last year.
The Veterans Home needs to strengthen their policies and procedures and monitoring of those policies and procedures.
Source: End of the Month Resident Census Data Provided by the Veteran Home
[pdf] Download Report