North Dakota Office of the Attorney General Consumer Resources: https://attorneygeneral.nd.gov/consumer-resources
- The Attorney General's Consumer Protection division enforces the state's consumer fraud and Do Not Call laws, investigates and prosecutes consumer fraud cases, and enforces the state's anti-trust statutes.
North Dakota Securities Department: http://www.nd.gov/securities/
- The Securities Department serves to protect investors through the administration of state securities laws and rules. The Department offers investor education programs and other resources to help North Dakotans make informed investment decisions, avoid fraud, and build financial security.
Better Business Bureau (BBB): https://www.bbb.org/council/consumer-education/
- In addition to offering educational information, the BBB site also provides information on scams and identity theft. In addition, the BBB can help in resolving a complaint against a business, using conciliation, mediation, and arbitration services when appropriate.
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB): https://www.consumerfinance.gov/
- The central mission of the CFPB is to make markets for consumer financial products and services work for Americans; whether they are applying for a mortgage, choosing among credit cards, or using any number of other consumer financial products.
Fake Checks: http://www.fakechecks.org/
- This website was created by the National Consumers League (NCL), the nation's oldest nonprofit consumer organization, as a central source of information and advice about fake check scams. NCL created the site in collaboration with the Alliance for Consumer Fraud Awareness, a coalition of consumer and business organizations, government agencies, and companies that are committed to fighting fake check scams.
Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Consumer Protection: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/
- The FTC is the nation's consumer protection agency. The FTC's Bureau of Consumer Protection works for the consumer to prevent fraud, deception, and unfair business practices in the marketplace.
- This website has information for you, whether you're shopping for a mortgage or auto loan, checking the accuracy of your credit report, dealing with debt collectors, or looking for ways to protect your personal financial information.
- This website is the federal government's one-stop resource for identity theft victims. The site provides streamlined checklists and sample letters to guide you through the recovery process.