Complaint Inquiry


A person who is concerned that state law is being violated relative to wage laws such as final paycheck, breaks, youth employment, etc. may report a possible violation through the Complaint Inquiry form. The form must be completed in its entirety. If sufficient information is received to describe the concern, the Department will contact the employer to further explore the matter.

This is different from filing a wage claim - a wage claim should be filed by an employee who is seeking the Department's assistance to collect wages due. The Complaint Inquiry form should be used to report noncompliance with wage and hour or human rights laws.

To submit a Complaint Inquiry form online, click here.

To obtain a paper-based copy of the form, click here. Note that the paper-based form must be printed and signed, before submission to the Department.