1/1/14 - 9/14/14
Now Hiring Highway Patrol Troopers
The North Dakota Highway Patrol is currently accepting applications for trooper positions until Wednesday, November 12, 2014. Those testing in the Bismarck location have until Wednesday, December 3, 2014 to apply. The positions are statewide with most in western North Dakota. Starting salary is $4,075 per month while in training and $4,434 per month after completion of training. Start date for the Highway Patrol Academy will be May 18, 2015.
Education Requirement - You must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Associate degree and 2 years of work experience working with the public
- Associate degree and 2 years of military service
- 60 semester hours may substitute for an associate degree
- Education must be from a college or university listed as regionally accredited by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Education. To verify accreditation, go to www.ope.ed.gov/accreditation or contact the registrar’s office at your school.
Applications will ONLY be accepted online through the ND PeopleSoft System.
- Go to http://www.nd.gov/hrms/jobs/
- Select “Click here to view open jobs with the State of North Dakota”
- Search the words “Highway Patrol”
- Select the position “Highway Patrol Officer I”
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.
Applicants who experience technical difficulties during the application process should contact email@example.com or 701.328.3290.
Applicants must submit:
Unofficial college transcript through the ND PeopleSoft System.
Policy of Non-Discrimination on the Basis of Disability
The NDHP’s administrative services division commander coordinates compliance with the non-discrimination requirements contained in section 35.107 of the Department of Justice regulations. Information concerning the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act is available from the ADA coordinator.