1/1/14 - 9/14/14
Colonel Michael Gerhart, superintendent, welcomes you to the North Dakota Highway Patrol's official website. Whether you are seeking specific information or just browsing, we hope you will find the site both informative and interesting. Read more About Us.
The mission of the North Dakota Highway Patrol is to make a difference every day by providing high quality law enforcement services to keep North Dakota safe and secure.
- An update of road-weight limits and differences between the state interstate systems.
- Laws governing gross weights, axle weights, tire weights, road-restriction weight, and seasonally increased (winter and harvest) weights.
- Road damage issues: how overweight trucks cost us all.
- Overweight truck issues go beyond just gross and axle weights.
- Classroom exercises to help you identify legal weights on your own trucks.
- Do I have the right number tires and tire width for the weight?
- Issues to consider when purchasing a new truck, or altering a current truck.