Other services are provided in a variety of ways and are individualized based on the specific needs of each situation. Services are provided free of charge. Outreach services include, but are not limited to the following:
Certified Teachers of the Deaf skilled in the areas of academics, language, speech, and auditory skills can provide assistance to school or agency teams in determining the areas of need for deaf and hard of hearing students.
- Classroom observation
- Demonstration/modeling of instructional strategies
- IEP meeting attendance
- Parent workshops
- Professional development courses in education of students who are deaf/hard of hearing
- Individualized parent/family training
- Individualized inservice training for school/agency staff
- Presentations at local, regional and state events
Comprehensive Assessment Services
- Development of an assessment plan
- Assessment available in the areas of Audiology, speech and auditory skills, language and communication, academic skills, cognitive ability, social-emotional development and vocational skills
- Recommendations regarding program and design based on assessment results
- Parent-Infant Program Brochure (825kb pdf)
- Printable brochure outlining details of the Parent-Infant Program.
- Resource on Hearing Loss: NDSD/RCDHH (106kb pdf)
- Information detailing NDSD responsibilities in serving the citizens of North Dakota.
- Resource Manual (3.1Mb pdf)
- Excellent resource developed to provide information for families with children who are deaf and hard of hearing, age birth to five years old, and their families.
- Toy Guide (857kb pdf)
- Excellent resource listing suggested age appropriate toys and the benefits they provide to your child.
- NDSD/RCDHH Connections
- Comprehensive newsletter, publication of the Outreach department, offering interesting articles on various topics, activities for parents of children who are deaf and hard of hearing and updates on events happening locally and nationally.
- • Connections, Winter 2015 (1,253kb pdf)
- • Connections 2011-12 (334kb pdf)
- • Connections, Fall 2007 (954kb pdf)
- Summer Camp
- Family Learning Vacation
- Statewide Art Contest
- Deaf Awareness Week Activities
Contact your regional office if you have any questions related to hearing loss related to children from birth to graduation from high school including resources and services available.
Parent-Infant / School-Aged (up to 21) Services:
Carol Lybeck, Coordinator Linda Ehlers
Denise Marback Ashley Martin
1401 College Drive North 1321 S. 23rd St.
Devils Lake, ND 58301 Fargo, ND 58103
Nicole Swartwout Karen Kalk
Memorial Hall 418 East Broadway, Ste. 228
500 University Avenue West Bismarck, ND 58501
Minot, ND 58707
Devils Lake Grand Forks
Pam Smith, Coordinator Kristen Vetter
1401 College Drive N 500 Sanford Road, Suite 259
Devils Lake, ND 58301 Grand Forks, ND 58203
1401 College Drive N
Devils Lake, ND 58301