A project is a temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. Project management is the discipline of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria.
- Project Management as a Contracted Service
- Provides customers with experienced project managers that will lead their projects.
- Project Management Oversight
- Monitors information technology projects with a budget in excess of $100,000 in accordance with ND Century Code (Chapters 54-10, 54-35, and 54-59), and Project Management for Large Information Technology Projects (STD009-05).
- Project Management Templates
- Practical templates for delivering successful solutions.
Effective project management guides a project through a controlled and visible set of activities to achieve project goals while significantly reducing or eliminating risks associated with a project. Additionally, a professional project manager allows staff to concentrate on the business needs of the project, and their agency without becoming distracted by the myriad of activities required for a successful project.
Benefits of properly managed projects
Project management is very important in today's business environment when you consider the risks and potential downsides of poorly executed projects. Properly managed projects include the following benefits:
- Schedules met
- Cost control
- Scope control
- Effective Teams
- High quality solutions that meet or exceed agency expectations
ITD's Work Management System (WMS) may be used to submit a Service Request for "Software Dev/GIS/PM/QA."