ITD provides review, consultation, and general assistance to North Dakota state agencies regarding IT procurement and contracting best practices. ITD is responsible for reviewing and approving the acquisition of technology by state agencies, as defined in ND Century Code (Chapter 54-59-05). ITD collaborates with OMB State Procurement, Risk Management and the Office of Attorney General to develop RFP and contract templates and best practices related to technology procurements.
Agencies may email ITDProcurement@nd.gov to request a procurement review or general IT procurement assistance.
IT Procurement Templates and Resources
- Technology Contract and RFP Template
- State Technical Architecture Overview for RFPs/Contracts
- IT Architecture Questionnaire (to be included in an RPF to determine IT Architectural questions related to procurement)
- IT Hosting Questionnaire (to be included in an RFP for agencies that have ITD approval to seek a solution hosted outside of the consolidated infrastructure)
- Risk Management Manual published by OMB's Risk Management Division
- State Procurement Guidelines published by OMB's State Procurement Office
- Contract Drafting & Review Manual published by Office of the Attorney General
IT Procurement Standards and Exception Requests
ITD reviews and approves technology related procurements that exceed the threshold set by OMB for small purchases ($25,000). Primary review criteria includes compliance with state enterprise architecture standards and consistency with an agency's technology plan. ITD and OMB review and approve requests to host IT solutions outside of the consolidated infrastructure hosted by ITD. In addition on large IT projects greater than $500,000 the State's procurement collaboration process is followed.
- IT Contract Guidelines
- IT Procurement Standard
- IT Procurement Collaboration Process Diagram
- Exemption Request to IT Statutory Policy
Featured State Contracts
The State participates in the NASPO ValuePoint Premimum Savings Package (PSP).
- Term Contract 022 - State PC Contract (Select "List Contracts", Name is "Computer Equipment, Peripherals & Related Services (NASPO ValuePoint)" Number is "022")
The State has established a term contract for a variety of IT professional services, which may be used for project-based and staff-augmentation work.
- Term Contract 095 - Information Technology Professional Services Vendor Pool (Select "List Contracts", Name is "Information Technology Professional Services Contract Pool" and Number is "095")