Calendar of Events
|AWR 319 Leveraging Tools for Conducting Damage Assessments
AWR 319 Leveraging Tools for Conducting Damage Assessments will be hosted by the ND Department of Emergency Services and presented by the National Disaster Preparedness Training Center on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 at the Comfort Inn, 1030 E. Interstate Ave., Bismarck. Class will begin at 8:00 a.m. with registration open at 7:30 a.m.
The scope of this course is to provide a review of damage assessment, the importance of providing quick and accurate assessments, and an opportunity to review and practice with tools to assist in conducting damage assessments. The course will also review various disaster damage assessment processes, collaborating agencies, and resources. Participants will discuss and develop a damage assessment action plan in order to ensure that resources are in place for an adequate response, followed by a hands-on exercise using various tools and software to collect damage assessments.
Course Modules include:
This course does not require any previous subject matter knowledge. However, it is highly suggested that participants complete the following FEMA Independent Study courses prior to course attendance:
- Concepts of Damage Assessment
- Damage Assessment Action Plan
- Damage Assessment Tools
- IS-100.b: Introduction to Incident Command System (ICS100)
- IS-200.b: ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- IS-700.a: National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- IS-559: Local Damage Assessment
- Citizen/Community Volunteer
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Fire Services (FS)
- General Public
- Governmental Administrative (GA)
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Private Sector/Corporate Security and Safety
- Public Utilities
- Public Works
- Security Professionals
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Comfort Suites, 929 Gateway Ave., Bismarck for the night of January 22, 2018. Call 701-223-4009 and ask for the "DES Leveraging Tools Conducting Damage Assessment" block. Reservations must be made by January 7, 2018 in order to get the state rate. NDDES will reimburse eligible participants for motel and meal per diem according to state policy.
Questions may be directed to Brenda Vossler or Larry Regorrah.
This site updated as of 9/24/2017.