Vendor Payments

Quick Links

NEW Vendor (supplier or individual) Online Application

New vendors (suppliers and individuals) looking to receive payment from the State should use our online supplier registration pages to apply for a vendor (supplier) number, Online Application

  1. Five short pages requesting your company or name, address, contact information and tax identification number (TIN or SSN). View Quick Help Guide. (1 MB pdf)
    1. Choose and complete the appropriate IRS US W-9 or Foreign W-8 form below. This form will need to be attached to your application when submitting.
  2. All supplier registration applications will be reviewed for approval process by the Vendor Registry Office.
    1. Any questions related to your registration will be communicated through the email used on your application.
  3. Once approved, you will receive an email with your assigned Supplier ID.
  4. To expedite your payment, let the agency issuing payment know when you have received your approved Supplier ID.  This should not be confused with your Registration ID (provided upon submitting your registration application.

Payee (Vendor) Forms for US Individuals, Businesses, and Political Subdivisions

Payee (Vendor) Forms for Foreign (non US) Individuals, Businesses and Political Subdivisions

Generally, 30% must be withheld 30% from the gross amount paid to a foreign payee unless you can reliably associate the payment with valid documentation that establishes either of the following.

  1. The payee is a US person.
  2. The payee is a foreign person that is the beneficial owner of the income and is entitled to a reduced rate of withholding. View the IRS recommendation about obtaining proper documentation before making a payment. 

The IRS supplies four different W-8 forms to certify foreign status. Select the appropriate form for your type of business:

  • Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for US Tax Withholding (Individuals) IRS Form W-8BEN. Payees outside of the US do not need a US taxpayer ID to complete this form. IRS instructions on completing form. 
  • Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for US Tax Withholding (Entities) IRS Form W-8BEN-EIRS instructions on completing form.
  • Certificate of Foreign Person’s Claim that Income is Effectively Connected with the Conduct of a Trade or Business in the United States IRS Form W-8ECI. This form requires the payee to have a valid US taxpayer ID. IRS instructions on completing form.
  • Certificate of Foreign Government or Other Foreign Organization for US Tax Withholding IRS Form W-8EXPIRS instructions on completing form.
  • Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, or Certain US Branches for US Tax Withholding IRS Form W-8IMYIRS instructions on completing form.

You may want to refer to the IRS "Instructions for the Requester of Forms W-8BEN, W-8ECI, W-8EXP, and W-8IMY" for further comparisons and explanations of the different forms to use.

Online Supplier Maintenance

An approved supplier may login to the portal to review and submit changes of vendor information to the Vendor Registry Office for approval. Examples of changes may include updates to addresses, contacts, and payment information. Vendor Registry will review submitted changes for approval. 

 Changes in legal or business name, taxpayer identification number, or federal employer identification number require a new W-9 or W-8.

Paper Vendor Account Changes

  • Payment changes: To change your payment method, add a bank account or make changes to your ACH information contact the agency issuing your payment. 

For questions, contact the State Procurement Office or 701.328.2773.