Bidders List Application and Maintenance
The Bidders List is used by executive branch agencies and institutions when issuing formal solicitations for goods and services. Check the Bidder Services Main Menu to see if your company is registered, view solicitations and state contracts and to maintain your bidder profile.
Bidders List Application
Step 1: Secretary of State Registration
Most businesses must be registered and in good standing with the Secretary of State. Secretary of State registration varies by business type. Sole Proprietors and General Partnerships doing business in their full personal names only are not required to register.
Visit the Secretary of State website, Vendor Registration, for forms, instructions, and fees.
- Check the Business Records database to see if your company is registered.
- Contact the Secretary of State or 701.328.2904 for assistance.
Step 2: Bidder Registration
After registering with the Secretary of State, you must complete a Bidders List Application.
- U.S. business use SFN 53655 Bidders List Application.
- Business outside of the U.S. use SFN 58731 Foreign Bidders List Application.
- Use an “info email account” to ensure you receive notices if a salesperson is absent or leaves the company.
- Select commodity codes for the goods and services you sell. Some have multiple codes (e.g. 918-07 Advertising Consulting, 915 Advertising Agency Services).
- Placement on the Bidders List does not guarantee a vendor will receive notice of every solicitation over the amount established for small purchases.
- Contact the State Procurement Office or 701.328.2683 for assistance.
Step 3: Submit Application
- Email: State Procurement Office
- Fax: 701.328.1615
- Mail: State Procurement Office
600 East Boulevard – Dept. 012
14th Floor Capitol Tower
Bismarck, ND 58505-0310
Maintain your bidder information to ensure you receives notice of bidding opportunities. There are 2 ways to update your bidder information:
- Email SFN 54308 Notification of Change to the State Procurement Office.
- Create a login on the Bidder Services Main Menu to change your bidder information including contact information and commodity codes.