State Capitol Information
Welcome to the North Dakota State Capitol Complex
As of June 1, 2020, access to the North Dakota State Capitol is no longer limited to appointment only.
Due to the south entrance remodel project, citizens coming to the Capitol for state services should use the west entrance. Note that some services may not be available in-person. Please contact the agency you wish to conduct business with prior to coming to the Capitol: www.nd.gov/government/state-government/agency-alphabet.
All individuals entering the Capitol, both team members and citizens, will be routed through the COVID-19 screening process, which includes a few questions and temperature scan. It is strongly recommended that all individuals entering the Capitol wear a cloth face covering.
Capitol tours will remain suspended until further notice.
This entrance is handicap accessible as is the visitor parking lot to the East of this entrance. The metal detectors will remain at the south entrance, staffed by NDHP security during regular business hours. All entrances will be accessible by state employees with valid state-issued identification card keys.
Explore the campus!
- Schedule a tour of the building's public areas. Learn interesting facts and history about this grand facility.
- The map of Capitol grounds identifies buildings and parking lots.
- Walk designated routes on the Capitol grounds, from one-quarter mile up to a full mile loop.
- See the public events scheduled to be held at the Capitol.
- Policies in effect on the Capitol Complex.