State Capitol Information
Welcome to the North Dakota State Capitol Complex
Effective May 1, 2017 the ONLY public entrance into the Capitol building will be the South (tunnel) entrance, which will be open Monday through Friday from 7:15 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Weekend hours will be limited during summer months. This entrance is handicap accessible as is the visitor parking lot to the East of this entrance. The metal detectors will remain at the south entrance, staffed by NDHP security during regular business hours. All entrances will be accessible by state employees with valid state-issued identification card keys.
Explore the campus!
- Schedule a tour of the building's public areas. Learn interesting facts and history about this grand facility.
- The map of Capitol grounds identifies buildings and parking lots.
- Walk designated routes on the Capitol grounds, from one-quarter mile up to a full mile loop.
- See the public events scheduled to be held at the Capitol.
- Policies in effect on the Capitol Complex.