Each agency subject to the rules concerning performance management must develop and use a program to provide for the development and management of the performance of each classified employee.
- A classified employee must be informed of the responsibilities assigned to the employee's position and the expected level of performance.
- Performance reviews should be conducted at least annually or as needed.
- Agencies may base their performance management program on either an individual-based performance appraisal or on a team-based performance review.
- Performance reviews must be in a written format and a copy placed in the employee's file only after the employee acknowledges having read the material by signing the document.
State of North Dakota's Performance Management Process
North Dakota's Performance Management Process (PMP) provides tools and resources to use the process more effectively. For questions about the state's overall performance management process, please contact the HRMS director at 701.328.3290.
- Performance Evaluation
- Training and Development
- Talent Management
- Mediation and Conflict Resolution