Effective October 1, 2014, the VA will no longer accept VA Form 40-1330 or 40-1330M dated May 2013 or older. Below are the latest forms for your use. Please inform your funeral directors to prevent any potential delays in future claims.
Veterans Service Officer Code of Ethics
- Confidential information, whether supplied by the veteran, the Department of Veterans Affairs, or other parties shall remain confidential and will not be released or discussed except to those personally connected to the case with a need to know in order to assist the veteran or the veteran’s dependents.
- The Service Officer will prepare and perfect all claims to the best of his/her ability with the intent of affording the claimant the benefits to which they are entitled. The Service Officer must insure that all information is true and factual to the best of his/her knowledge.
- The Service Officer shall maintain high professional standards in dealing with other service officers, (federal, state, and local) and other persons and agencies as necessary in service to his/her client.
- The Service Officer will provide services without prejudice to all persons making a claim to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- The Service Officer will, to the best of his/her ability, maintain a working knowledge of all rules and regulations concerning veterans’ benefits and will strive to keep such knowledge updated in light of constantly changing laws and regulations.
- Veterans Service Officers should not, under any circumstances, accept remuneration in cash or other form for services rendered.
- Veterans Service Officers should not, under any circumstances, serve as guardians, committees, or fiduciaries for any other individuals receiving benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs or any other agency.
- VA Disability Rating Calculator
- VA Disability Compensation Calculator
- Combined VA Disability Rating & Compensation Calculator
- Understanding the VA Disability Application Process
- Veteran Service Organizations
- Community Partner Work Incentives Counseling Training Manual
- Correcting Military Service Records
- VA Disability Rating and Compensation Calculator (VVA)
- Veterans Service Officer (VSO) Information Page at the National Archives
- Request Your Military Service Records Online, by Mail, or by Fax
- Fully Developed Claims
- VA Forms
- Vietnam War Resources