nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends
NDDHS logo ND Child Support Enforcement image

Child Support Division

General Frequently Asked Questions

Q. The non-custodial parent lives in another state and has quit paying child support. What can be done to get payments to start again?

A. Once a case is established with the Child Support, the Regional Child Support Unit (RCSU) can take different actions to enforce child support when the non-custodial parent lives in another state. If an employer is identified, the RCSU may attempt to implement Direct Income Withholding to the non-custodial parent's employer in the other state. The RCSU may request assistance from the other state to enforce the support order. Once this request is made, the other state is responsible for taking any actions appropriate under their state laws to enforce the support order.


Return to the top of the page Top of page   Go back to the previous page Back to previous page

 Get Adobe Acrobat Reader Tested for W3C WAI AA Accessibility Tested for W3C Well-Formed XHTML Code Tested for W3C Well Formed Cascading Style Sheet Code