Child Support Enforcement (CSE)
Employers: New Hire Reporting
North Dakota Century Code
34-15-03. Employer reporting.
- Except as provided in subsections 2 and 3, each employer shall furnish to the directory of new hires a report that contains the name, address, and social security number of each employee newly hired for work within this state, and the employer's name and address and the identifying number assigned under section 6109 of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended [26 U.S.C. 6109], to the employer.
- An employer who has employees who are employed in two or more states, and who transmits reports magnetically or electronically, may designate one state in which the employer has employees and may transmit a report conforming to subsection 1 to that state. An employer who reports pursuant to this subsection must notify the secretary of the United States department of health and human services, in writing, of the state so designated.
- Any department, agency, or instrumentality of the United States shall transmit a report, conforming to subsection 1, to the national directory of new hires established pursuant to section 453 of the Social Security Act [42 U.S.C. 653].
- Except as provided in subdivision b, a report required under this section must be made no later than twenty days after the date the employer hires the employee.
- If the employer transmits reports magnetically or electronically, a report required under this section may be made by two monthly transmissions, if necessary, not less than twelve nor more than sixteen days apart.