Adults and Aging Services
- Pocket Card: Abuse HURTS at Any Age...recognize it and report it (May 2015)
- Proclamation: Elder Abuse Awareness Day (June 15, 2015)
The Department of Human Services administers programs and services that help older adults and people with physical disabilities to live safely and productively in the least restrictive, appropriate setting.
- Assisted Living Services
- Family Caregiver Support Program
- Federally funded under the Older Americans Act, this program offers help to caregivers.
- Home and Community-Based Care
- North Dakota provides home and community-based services through several programs, which each serve different needs.
- Information and Assistance - Aging and Disability Resource-LINK
- The Department of Human Services operates an Aging and Disability Resource-LINK funded under the Older Americans Act.
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Individuals residing in nursing homes, assisted living facilities, basic care homes, or hospital swing bed, transitional and sub-acute settings may have concerns about their care. This program is intended to help resolve concerns.
- Qualified Service Providers
- Information about how an agency or individual can enroll as a Qualified Service Provider (QSP) to provide personal or attendant care services, homemaker services and other approved services to eligible individuals.
- Vulnerable Adult Protective Services
- The North Dakota Legislature passed the Vulnerable Adult Protective Service Law in 1989. The law authorized the Department of Human Services to develop, administer, and implement a program of protective services for vulnerable adults.
Aging Services Division Contact Information:
Aging Services Division
Sheryl Pfliger, Acting Director
N.D. Department of Human Services
1237 W Divide Ave, Suite 6
Bismarck ND 58501
Administrative Office: 701.328.4601
For information on available North Dakota services: Aging and Disability Resource-LINK (toll free) 1.855.GO2LINK (1.855.462.5465) or 701.328.4649.
ND Relay TTY (telephone relay for people who are deaf): 1.800.366.6888