Basic Radio 101 Training Course
The Basic Radio 101 Training Course is a tool to promote better public safety radio communications across the state. After this training you will be able to:
- Explain basic radio communication and identify radio controls.
- Understand the difference between different types of radios.
- Understand standard frequency and band information
- Learn best practices.
- Identify basic troubleshooting situations and learn how to correct them.
- Enable emergency responders to communicate effectively.
Three options are available for completing this training:
- Contact your local emergency manager to see when a classroom course will be taught in your area.
- Login to the interactive website where you complete the course independently at an interactive website
- Watch the narrated PowerPoints at the links below and mail, fax, or email your completed test..
Module IV: Local Perspective is optional and may be presented in person locally. Check with your local emergency manager to see if this module will be taught for hands-on training with your jurisdiction's radios.
Basic Radio Training 101 - Post Test
Mail/fax/email completed test to:
Fraine Barracks Lane - Bldg. 35
P.O. Box 5511
Bismarck, ND 58506-5511
Fax - (701) 328-8181
This site updated as of 7/30/2015.