Technology & Engineering Education
Technology & Engineering Education has evolved as technology has advanced. During the industrial era of the 20th century, it was
taught in the schools as Industrial Arts, reflecting the industrial society. As advancements have catapulted us into a faster moving,
more highly sophisticated, technological society, Technology & Engineering Education has made curriculum adjustments that reflect
Technology & Engineering Education is about:
- how people think.
- how to apply technology in solutions of problems facing society.
- how to solve problems and create opportunities within a realistic context.
- using ingenuity with tools, materials, processes and resources to create solutions and opportunities for all.
- nature of learning going from the very early years of just "knowing" to more developed applications that relate Engineering, Assessment, Innovations and Technological Systems.
- a dynamic subject in our schools that is as fast moving and as up-to-date as the thinking of technology in our society.
- future workforce thinking!
Other Curriculum Links
- Technology & Engineering MISO3 Course Codes and Descriptions (link to ND DPI)
- Middle School/Junior High School Courses (pdf)
- ND Scholarship Information (link to ND DPI)
- CTE Student Scholarships
- Instructor Licensure
- Library of Congress
- National Science Foundation
- National Space and Aeronautics Administration
- Valley City State University Technology Department