Family & Consumer Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences Education empowers individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global society. Our unique focus is on families, work and their interrelationships.
Family and Consumer Sciences Education programs prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in family and consumer sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.