Family & Consumer Sciences Education
Family & Consumer Sciences Education empowers individuals and families across the life span to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse, global society. Our unique focus is on families, work, and their interrelationships.
Family & Consumer Sciences Education programs prepare students for family life, work life, and careers in family and consumer sciences by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the wellbeing of individuals and families across the life span.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment, and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one's actions and success in family and work life.
- FACS I 09022 – The framework for this course is located within the standards listed on the Topic Overviews, which are found on the last page of most of the following frameworks.
- FACS II 09023 - The framework for this course is derived by going further with the FACS I standards listed on the Topic Overviews, which are found on the last page of most of the following frameworks.
- FACS III 09024 - The framework for this course is derived by going further with the FACS I standards listed on the Topic Overviews, which are found on the last page of most of the following frameworks.
- Child Development 09026 (pdf)
- Clothing & Textile Services 09212 (pdf)
- Clothing & Textiles I - II 09027 09029 (pdf)
- Consumer & Resource Management 09028 (pdf)
- Cultures & Cuisine 09136 (pdf)
- Current Topics In Textiles & Apparel 09037 (pdf)
- Early Childhood Care & Education Services 09211 (pdf)
- Family Living 09132 (pdf)
- Fashion & Textile Trends 09030 (pdf)
- Food Service Culinary Arts 09213 (pdf)
- Food Science & Technology 09138 (pdf)
- Housing & Living Environment 09133 (pdf)
- Independent Living 09025 (pdf)
- Individual & Family Health 09129 (pdf)
- Individual FACS Studies 09140 (pdf)
- Nutrition & Fitness 09137 (pdf)
- Nutrition & Food Prep I - II 09131 09135 (pdf)
- Parenting 09130 (pdf)
Other Curriculum Links
- FACS MISO3 Course Codes and Descriptions (link to ND DPI)
- Guidelines for Secondary FACS Programs
- Instructor Licensure
- ND Scholarship Information (link to ND DPI)
- CTE Student Scholarships
- Instructional Plan/Calendar of Units (pdf)
- CTE Curriculum Library
- FACS Bibliography Information
Professional Groups & Links
Current State Programs
- State FACS Programs - Secondary Funded (pdf)
- State FACS Programs - Secondary Non-Funded (pdf)
- State FACS Programs - Postsecondary (pdf)