Agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber and natural resource systems.
Through agricultural education, students are provided opportunities for leadership development, personal growth and career success. Agricultural education instruction is delivered through three major components:
- classroom/laboratory instruction (contextual learning)
- supervised agricultural experience programs (work-based learning)
- student leadership organizations (National FFA Organization, National Young Farmer Educational Association, and National Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization).
- Develops competent and assertive agricultural leadership.
- Increases awareness of the global and technological importance of agriculture and its contribution to our well-being.
- Strengthens the confidence of agriculture students in themselves and their work.
- Promotes the intelligent choice and establishment of an agricultural career.
- Encourages achievement in supervised agricultural experience programs.
- Encourages wise management of economic, environmental and human resources of the community.
- Develops interpersonal skills in teamwork, communications, human relations, and social interaction.
- Builds character and promotes citizenship, volunteerism, and patriotism.
- Promotes cooperation and cooperative attitudes among all people.
- Promotes healthy lifestyles.
- Encourages excellence in scholarship
- Agriculture III - 01073 (pdf)
- Agriculture Mechanics Technology I - 01043 (pdf)
- Agriscience Technology I - 01021 (pdf)
- Botany Horticulture Science I - 01053 (pdf)
- Foundations of Agriculture - 01012 (pdf)
- Introduction to Agriculture - 01011 (pdf)
Other Curriculum Links
- Agriculture Education MISO3 Course Codes and Descriptions (link to ND DPI)
- Agriculture Education Directory (pdf)
- ND Scholarship Information (link to ND DPI)
- CTE Student Scholarships
- Instructor Licensure
- Agriculture Education Newsletters
Professional Groups & Links
- Secondary Agriculture Education/ND FFA
- National FFA
- Postsecondary Agriculture Education/ND PAS
- National PAS