nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
North Dakota: Legendary. Follow the trail of legends

Family Assistance Centers

Benefit Category: State

Family Assistance Centers (FACs) are operated regionally throughout North Dakota.  They are here to provide support and assistance to Service Members and their Families by offering information about military, federal, state, and local resources.

Their services include:

  • ID Cards and DEERS Enrollment
  • TRICARE Medical and Dental Assistance
  • Financial Information and Referral
  • Crisis Information and Referral
  • Community Resources Information and Referral
  • Legal Information and Referral
  • Emergency Financial Assistance and Referral


Assistance is Available 24 hours a Day by Calling Toll Free: 1-800-242-4940



Military Service Center
RJB Armory, 4200 Miriam Ave
Hours 8:00am - 4:30pm

Mark Fischer,  FAC Coordinator, (701) 333-3805 or by  e-mail
Suzanne Richards, Military and Family Readiness Specialist,    (701) 333-3808  or by e-mail
Cassandra Sattler, FAC Specialist, (701) 333-3807 or by email


Military Service Center
3920 31st Street N Suite A
Hours 8:00am - 4:30pm

JoAnn Czerwinski, FAC Specialist (701) 451-6090 or by e-mail

Toll Free: 800-460-1407

Grand Forks

NDNG Armory
1501 48th Street South
Hours 8:00am - 4:30pm

Michon Kubat, FAC Specialist, (701) 792-4568 or by.

Devils Lake

Camp Grafton Training Center
Building 6400 Room 115
4417 Highway 20
Devils Lake, ND 58301-8500

Hours: 8:30am to 5:00pm

Bryce Crosby, FAC Specialist, (701) 665-7896 or by e-mail


Armed Forces Reserve Center
3420 2nd Street NE Suite 2
Hours  8:00 am to 4:30 pm

Gary Siewert, FAC Specialist, (701) 420-5861 or by e-mail


News about Family Assistance Centers

Not all our casualties of war served overseas in combat. Some are children who never left our shores. Collateral damage, some might call it. Our Cover Story from Martha Teichner: 

How many of these homecomings have you seen on television since we went to war in Iraq and Afghanistan more than a decade ago? How many children, looking into a returning soldier's eyes for the parent who went away?

Discharge Requests

Most Veteran’s benefits require that applicants provide a copy of their Form DD 214 or discharge record, which is evidence of their veteran status. This is an important document and must be safeguarded. In the State of North Dakota separation documents are considered confidential and privileged NDCC 37-18-11 (13). National Guard members may receive a NGB22 and /or NGB23 upon obtaining 20 years of satisfactory service (20 year letter).