State Property Incident or Accident Reporting

Incidents and accidents related to actions of the state or state employees should be promptly reported if the incident:

  • results in injuries to non-employees and state employees;
  • causes property damage at state owned or state managed buildings, locations, or property; or
  • involve any type of state owned or state employee owned vehicle or equipment.

State employees

State employees should report the incident to their designated agency Risk Management or State Workers Compensation Program contact.

Non-state employees

Non-state employees should contact the state agency or state employee related to the incident. The state agency or state employee will document the incident and submit a report.

Incident reports shall be completed and submitted by the state agency's designated employee.

Questions about reporting state incidents should be directed to the Risk Management Division at 701.328.7584.