Job Applicant Tips
Before You Apply
Here are some items to consider before you begin the application process:
- Temporarily turn off any pop up blockers. See Job Applicant FAQs for more detailed instructions.
- Watch for a warning that states, "I need more time" when 40 minutes is approaching. Click OK if your application is not complete.
- Although you are encouraged to attach a resume (a resume may also be required per the Application Procedures of the job posting), the attached resume does not automatically populate the text fields of the application. You will still need to enter your information directly into the fields on the application as required.
- Confirm that your email inbox allows the receipt of email from nd.gov.
- Click the Submit Application button only when you have fully completed the application. Once you submit your application, you cannot change the content of the application for that job posting.
Access the State of North Dakota employment website.
Apply for A Job
- On the Job Search page, click on the Job Title that you want to apply to.
- Review the information page and click the Apply button toward the bottom of the information page.
- Sign In (returning users) OR register (first time users).
- If this is your first time using the system, select the Register Now link from the Sign In page.
- Enter your information on the register page.
- Click on the Register button. (Remember your user name, password, and email information for future reference.)
- If you already have an account, please enter your User Name and Password in the login box on the Sign In page. Click on the Sign In button. NOTE: Use the links to the right of the User Name and Password fields if you forgot your user name or password, or refer to the Job Applicant FAQs for more detailed instructions.
- Follow instructions to add a resume, enter application information (work experience, post-secondary education history, job training, licenses and certificates, languages and references) and answer career related questions.
- When you complete and review your application, click on the Submit Application button.
- Whenever you are logged in, you can view your application status through the My Activities link at the top of the page.
Create Automatic Job Notification Emails
- Access the State of North Dakota employment website.
- In the top right corner of the Job Search page, click on Sign in.
- In the Keywords field enter a word for the type of job you are looking for (i.e. enter Accountant, if looking for accounting jobs).
- Click Save Search.
- In the Name My Search field, name your search something related to the job.
- Check the Notify me when new jobs meet my criteria box (notice your email already populates).
- Click Save Search.